Thanks for your interest in hosting a Mavericks player for the upcoming season.
Hosting players as part of summer baseball is a tradition as old as the game of baseball. We find it to be a rewarding experience to both the player and family. Here’s what you need to know when considering hosting a Maverick:
1. The Medicine Hat Mavericks Baseball Club includes collegiate baseball players who travel from across Canada and the US to fulfill their desire to play at the highest level of baseball possible. For this and hopefully several additional summers, these athletes become a part of our community. These players will treat your home, your family and our community with the utmost respect.
2. The WCBL schedule begins the last week of May and ends mid August. It includes a 56 game schedule over approximately 2.5 months. Half of the schedule is played on the road, with the remaining in Medicine Hat. During our home schedule, the players will be at the ballpark from approximately 3:00-10 PM.
3. Your primary role as a host family is to provide housing accommodation for your Mavericks player. It is beneficial but not mandatory that you provide meals for your player.
4. Transportation is the responsibility of the Mavericks player but appreciated if it can be occasionally utilized.
For providing this valued service you will be compensated $800 for the season and provided season tickets for every member of your household (approx. $700 value). Any host family preferring to donate your service, it is greatly appreciated.
5. A police check maybe required (no cost).
Click the image below to start your application: